In the twelve years since founding 4 Ingredients I have spoken on countless stages. From country halls to city entertainment centres. In churches, on cruise chips, at International book fairs and schools. I have hosted breakfasts, emceed fundraisers and given hundreds of keynotes to crowds ranging from 5 to 500.
I have become very comfortable on-stage, can read a crowd swiftly and adapt my presentation swiftly if needed.
What I have come to believe makes for a great speaker are the following attributes:
- BE REAL – you will be asked questions, so know your topic well
- ADD HUMOUR – who doesn’t love a giggle?
- Finish talking before the audience finishes listening
- PREPARE – spend time beforehand, know your audience and tailor your messages aligning them with the theme of the event
- Nail your opening, the first words to leave your lips matter the most, in this instance your audience will believe you and come with you or start to doubt
- Stand tall and let your body language, from your hands gestures to your facial gestures complement
- Silence is a very powerful weapon; let those pregnant pauses linger a little after key moments in your speech, this allows time for the message to sink in Care deeply about your topic because if you don’t, why should your audience?
- Adjust your tone, it will help keep your audience’s attention
- Confidence is contagious. Even if you are nervous, smile, take a deep breath and tell yourself “You’ve got this!” And get out there and make it happen!
ICMI Guest Keynote & Event Speaker
- Kim created the most successful book title in Australian history!
- Her cookbook sales now span 3 continents, 26 countries and 6 foreign languages
- She has been seen on major national and international TV channels
- Kim holds a Degree in International Finance, Diploma in Financial Planning, trained as a Financial Planner and is a self-taught, passionate homecook.
- Kim is proud of many things in her life, but nothing beats being a Mother to her 3 beautiful boys.
- Kim, her husband and children live happily on the Sunshine Coast.
Watch the video
If at your next event you need a good presenter, emcee and communicator, then please do not hesitate to contact our office to discuss.