Christmas Cake Ice-Cream Terrine
- 500g Christmas cake or heavy fruit cake cut into 2cm slices
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2kg vanilla ice-cream softened
- Line a 23 x 13-cm loaf tin with plastic wrap.
- Brush the cake slices with Cointreau.
- Stir the orange rind into softened ice-cream.
- Spread half the ice-cream mixture into the tin; top with cake slices then the remaining ice-cream.
- Cover completely with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, unwrap and use a hot knife to cut the terrine into eight delicious slices.